1. On the simulated Windows desktop carry out the necessary steps to completely shut down the computer.
2. shut down the non-responding application.
3. Use the simulated desktop to find out how much RAM is installed
4. Use the simulated desktop to change the screensaver To 3D Maze.
5. Change the Keyboard language to UK English.
6. Which of the keys on the graphic keyboard would place a picture of what is currently displayed on the monitor onto the clipboard?
7. use the index tab of the Windows Help system to find help on 32-bit PC card.
8. create a new file.
9. Close the WordPad application.
10. Which icon represents the Recycle Bin.
11. use a single click drag action to move the my Network Places icon within the white frame.
12. in the Explorer window create a shortcut to the PowerPoint file called Holiday pics.ppt.
13. Use a singles click and drag action to move the My Computer widow into the yellow frame.
14. Make the Accounts window active without minimizing the my Computer window.
15. Which of these files is stored in the My Documents folder?
16. Create a new folder on the 3.5Floppy (A:) drive and name it Reviews. (Press the Enter key when you have finished).
17. Open the C: drive folder and indicate which of these file sizes apples to the file Training.ppt. ( Select the appropriate radio button then press SUBMIT).
18. Which of these files is compressed? (Click on the appropriate file to submit your answer).
19. How many Excel files are there in this window? ( Select the appropriate radio button then click on SUBMIT).
20. Change the status of the file Library.doc to Read-only.
21. Arrange the file files in the right hand pane of Explorer By Size.
22. In the current A: drive, change the name of the folder entitled Work Books to Handouts. (Press the Enter key when you have finished).
23. Duplicate the Memo.doc file from the 3.5Floppy (A:) drive to the Zip 100 (E:) drive.
24. Which of these Statements is false?
• It's important to backup files to an external storage device so that
o You still have files stored in external location if the bulling with your PC is flooded.
o Original files can be restored from backup if someone on the network deletes files by mistake.
o Tow terms can work on the same files in tow different locations.
o You can restore your files from backup if you lose your laptop.
26. Empty the contents of the Recycle Bin.
27. using the windows Search tool, find a file named Expenses on the C: drive. (Press the Search Now button to submit your answer).
28. Which Tow of the following are true? A virus scanning application Will:
o Enable you to check new files on your computer for Viruses.
o Increase the storage space on your hard disk.
o Will provide permanent protection from viruses on your PC.
o Help prevent your computer from being infected by a virus.
o Prevent your computer frame breaking down.
• Why do you need to regularly update your virus software?
o So it can protect your computer from the latest viruses
o To keep your anti-virus software computer with your OS.
o To replace virus-scanning software that has become infected through use.
o So it doesn't waste time looking for out of date viruses.
29. Change your printer setting so that output goes to the Accounts printer.
30. Print one copy of this file. ( note : This is a simulation . you do not need a printer attached to your computer).
31. Delete the current printing job from this print queue.