1) On the simulate windows desktop carry out the necessary steps to restart the computer
2) If the computer application you are working on has “frozen” what is the fist thing you should do?
a) Press ctrl+Alt+Delete
3) Use simulate windows desktop to find out how much RAM is installed
a) R.click on my computerproperties Generalselect the RAM Speedok
4) Change the keyboard language to UK English.
a) Selectkeyboardinput Localesselect to English UK press Set as Defaultsok
5) Access the dialog box that would enable you to format the 31/2 Floppy (A:) drive.
a) R.Click to Floppy (A:)selectformat.
6) Access the dialog box that would enable you to install new software
a) D.click on my computer D.click to control panel select Add/Remove programs.
7) Use the index tab of the windows help system to find help on audio files. Click display
a) Click on start menuselect helpselect index tabtype audio filesclick display.
8) Open the file, Introduction.doc, which was recently open in WordPad.
a) Fileselect to file name called Introduction at the last of this menu
9) Save this file, My First Document.rtf (WordPad) onto the 31/2 Floppy (A:) drive.
a) Filesave as select my computer then select 31/2 floppy (A:)click save.
10) Which of these icons is an application?
a) Click on Internet explorer icon.
11) Click and drag the My Documents icons into white frame
a) Click and drag my documents to the frame in the right side in the desktop.
12) In this Explorer windows create a shortcut to PowerPoint file called Account.ppt
a) Select the Account.ppt file from right paneR.click to select create shortcut.
13) Click on WordPad’s Scroll bar
a) Click on the scroll in the right side
14) Minimise the My Computer windows.
a) Click in minimize button in my computer.
15) This windows shows the contents of the C: drive in the right-hand pane, Click on the correct location to display the C: drive ‘s folders in the left-hand pane as well.
a) Click on the + icon in drive C
16) Which of these files is stored on the 31/2 floppy (A:) drives?
a) Select to 31/2 floppy choose the existing file.
17) Create a new folder on the 31/2 floppy (A:) drive and name it Dates then press Enter
a) R.clicknew foldertype DatesEnter.
18) Open the C: drive folder and indicate which of these file size applies to the file Training .ppt
a) Select the C: drivechoose the size of the file Training.ppt from the right pane.
19) Which of these files is a spreadsheet file?
a) D.click on the Excel file
20) How many Word files are these in this window?
21) From the Desktop, make AGM.ppt read/write.
a) R.Click on the file AGM.ppt select propertiesuncheck read onlyok
22) Are impotent as they tell the computer which
Application to use to open a file.
23) In the current A: drive, change the name of the folder entitled Office to Microsoft press Enter when you have finished.
a) R.clickRenametype Microsoftpress Enter.
24) Without deselecting the file Metting.doc select Logo.jpg
a) Hold ctrl+select Logo.jpg file.
25) Move the Policy.doc file from the 31/2 floppy (A:) drive to the Zip 100 (E:) drive.
a) R.click on the file Policy.doccutopen Zip 100 (E:) drivepaste.
26) Which of these stamens is false?
a) It’s important to backup files to an external storage device so that:
b) Two teams can work on the same files in two different locations.
27) Delete the file Policy.doc
a) Select the file Policy.docpress delete on stander bar.
28) Using the windows Search tool, find a file named Bookings on the C: drive.
a) Select start menusearchfor files or folderstype “Booking” in search for files or folders namedpress Search now.
29) Find all files on the C: drives that were created during the previous 2 months press search now
a) Check Date from search optionsselect file created from drop down listchoose in the last 2 months.
30) Extract the contents of the selected WinZip file, Photos. Zip, to the desktop.
a) R.click on the file named Photos. Zip select Extract to folderC:\Desktop\Photos.zip
31) Which two of these statements could each be used to complete following sentence? A computer virus is a program that:
a) Can usually be detected by anti-virus software.
b) Can reproduce itself via email attachments.
32) Disabling any virus within a file is called (Deleting)
Check for virus on the [E:] drive of this PC and move any that are found to a safe place where they cannot do any harm.
a) Click on Run Removable Media Testchoose drive [E:]click scan nowclick move all to VIRUS VAULT.
33) Launch the Add Printer Wizard that would enable you to install a new printer.
a) Click on start menusettingsprinterD.click on Add Printer.
34) Use Accounts printer to print one copy of this file
a) Fileprintselect Accounts from select printerclick print.
35) Print one copy of this file.
36) Delete the Printing job from this printer queue.
a) R.click to this file choose cancel, Document menucancel, select this file press delete on keyboard
37) Shut down the non-responding application.
a) Select the application non-responding from task mangerclick End Task.
38) Pressing which of the following keys would place a picture of what is currently display on monitor onto the clipboard?
a) Print Screen
39) Open the word pad application
a) Click on the start menuprogramaccessoriesword pad.
40) Create a shortcut on the desktop the Expenses file
a) R.clicksend tocreate shortcut.
41) Arrange the files in the right pane by the Date they created/last modified
a) R.click on right pane Arrange iconsselect by Date.
42) Restore the file called City.xls from the Recycle Bin to its original location.
a) R.click on the filerestore
43) Reducing the size of a file so it will take up less sore space on a disk is Known as :
44) No risk
a) An e-mail attachment from someone you Know
b) Clean disk that has been stored with an infected disk
c) Unformatted floppy disk.
a) Software downloaded over a network connection.
b) Software download from the Internet.
46) Why do you need to regularly update your virus software?
a) So it can protect your computer from the latest viruses.
47) Access the printer Manger so you can view the progress of the print job.
a) R.click on the task baropen Active Printers.
48) Use a right-click menu commend to automatically compress the account.mdb file as a zip file on the desk top
a) R.clickon the accounts.mdbAdd to zip.